Monday, June 13, 2011

Like Snowflakes on an Ocean

I said come take me away
He said not today
Things are a little hazy
and I can't get myself out of here

Run, run like the wind
I will be your wingman
Disappointment is a step away
Disillusion a breath behind

It is so clear
I can’t follow where you go
It is time to be free again
Like a snowflake on the ocean

It could be wrong
This is out of control
It can never last
Must erase it fast
But it could have been right…


You blinked, I told you you would miss
You are at the edge
Just another step
Just one another inch

Don’t step there
There lay a dream
A once dear friend
I used to know her once

I heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the lord
But you don’t really care for music do you?

Baby I’ve been here before
I’ve seen this room and I’ve walked this floor
You know I used to live alone before I knew you


One common theme of broken notes
The music that shreds the soul
Tears it to pieces
Leaves the strands for the universe to consume

You went around the bend
And found them waiting
To extract payment
To exact some painless revenge

Comfort turns to numbness
Numbness to pain
Pain to hope
That not everything is dead

The dark side of the moon
Was also once seen
Yet we know it not anymore
For we see it no more

For there is no balance
There is no perfection
Only paths to follow
and words to chose
and the world to lose...

No comments: